Saturday, 5 December 2009

Costa can't wait for Dutch

Portugal captain Cristiano Costa is raring to go for next summer's CSA World Cup and especially for the test against the Netherlands.

"Holland is a very good footballing team and for us and them to be in the same group, there's a lot of competition," said winger Costa.

"We probably wanted an easier group but I'm not disappointed with the draw."

Before they worry about the 2002 CSA World Champions, however, Portugal start off their campaign against Egypt, with the Dutch opening things up against Chile.

And Costa's Dutch counterpart Martijn Beerendonk is also looking forward to the prospect of Portugal.

"It's a very good draw, to get Portugal. I know a bit about Costa, I know what he tricks he'll pull," said the defender.

"But I hear, also, that Chile and Egypt are very gritty opponents so we must play our Total Football and try and beat them."